Hi all.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Jasonmpk

Re: Hi all.

Postby Jasonmpk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:24 pm

Well I've taken it out and completed the change of seals and gaskets, but then struggled for a couple of hours trying to re-align the engine and type 9 box to no avail. So I'll give it another go tomorrow and if successful then another several hours rebuilding the engine bolt on parts to get it ready to refill with oil and give it another try. Wish me luck !! :)

Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:59 pm

It's all back together and apart from oil being pumped out of the dip stick tube that I hadn't refitted correctly all is good, dip stick now sorted and the garage floor is dry again !! :D It lives !! :D

Jason

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:25 am

Good feeling. I save my choicest words for getting the engine to slot back on the gearbox input shaft!
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Yeah it was a struggle and i accidentally wiped off the speedo reader in the tunnel as i got it all back together, so will test the speedo soon before my retest.
Jason

locost220

Postby locost220 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Got feed up with all that struggling years ago so I usually take out the engine and gearbox as a unit so can fit it together much easier.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 am

locost220 wrote:Got feed up with all that struggling years ago so I usually take out the engine and gearbox as a unit so can fit it together much easier.

Yeah that would have been my choice if I had one, I had to take it out on my own with only a chain winch lightly clipped onto a roof joist in the garage, so I didn't want to push it with the weight of both of them. It was a learning curve though :)

Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:03 pm

Well it's getting there all of a sudden, it's just a few welding, tracking and emission settings to sort now before I can call them for a retest date.
Jason
Attachments
new lights.jpg

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi Jason
Cars looking good, interesting car next to it ?? ;)
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi Rob, yeah it's the garage owners road legal, race prepared, track day car :D

Jason

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:53 pm

So, the next headache has reared it's head. The emissions issue have been tracked down to no4 cylinder not firing correctly, and after lots of investigating, the head is the problem with poor performing valves during running. So the head is off and am getting a price to convert it to unleaded while new valves and seats are being installed. :(

Jason

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”