Hi from Hampshire.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

nortonnut

Hi from Hampshire.

Postby nortonnut » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi. I live in Bishops Waltham which is halfway between Winchester and Fareham Hampshire. My first love is motorbikes but at 74 I can't take the cold so decided to give up Winter riding.
I sold my classic Norton Dominator and bought a Robin Hood 2B. I went for this because they look like a Caterham but are a third of the price. The engine heat keeps my feet warm. I've fitted Heated Grips to the Steering Wheel so my hands are warm and wear my helmet to keep my head warm. I have kept my 2004 Triumph Thruxton for the Summer. It has Electric Start, doesn't leak oil and doesn't vibrate.
Mechanically I would class myself as a Fitter in the literal sense. So, I can remove and fit things and sometimes repair them but couldn't manufacture bits and am useless at bodywork (that's why I bought a ready built car). I like modifications and don't like standard so my vehicles tend to be non standard.
I had a chat with a member at the yearly Boxing Day meet in Wickham square. It sounded as though it is a club where the members tend to use their cars rather than look at them in the Garage and then give them another polish. So, here I am. Cheers. Mick.

Kegco

Re: Hi from Hampshire.

Postby Kegco » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:04 pm

Welcome onboard Mick,
I do like the sound of a classic Norton.
We do try and get out most weekends, this last year has been the year for taking the kit cars off the road, for one reason or another. But quite often we might get the Sunday morning frost on our run, you might finding yourself cleaning the car more then you would at a show, but that would only be to get the mud off :D
Have you any pictures of your car and you might as well put some in of your bikes as well :lol:
SKCC law we need photo evidence or it didn’t happen

Kev
7oaks
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Welcome to the club. You will find as the weather warms a little bit we will get out more than we have lately. If you want to do a run anywhere in particular then just put it up on the runs page and you will usually get someone out.
Also we need pics of your car its the law :lol:

nortonnut

Postby nortonnut » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Hi Kegco and Matt.
Thanks for the contact. I would join your run Kegco if I was closer. Regarding the cleaning, the Hood has Stainless Tubular chassis and body panels, so I don't have to worry about rust. The only thing that stops me is rain. The builder used the Sierra seats and furry carpets etc. I did give it a quick wash last week because the mud was so thick on it that it looked as though I had been offroading.
So long as it's not tipping down with rain I am out most Sundays. Either Alton Station (The Watercress Line) or Petersfield Square. I used to go to Loomies but I now refuse to pay their ridiculous prices (£3.50 for a cappuccino).
I don't know how to upload pictures so, to comply with the law, I will need instructions.
Mick.

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Post a reply
Attachments
Add files
Choose your photos from library
Preview will show you before posting it
C9804C9A-4805-4A62-BFC2-0C63DADAE3C5.png

And if you want to put a photo within /middle of your text / post
You press place in line
Hope this helps
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

nortonnut

Postby nortonnut » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:46 pm

Thanks. I will sort some out tomorrow.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi Mick, welcome to SKCC :)

It has been a bit quiet over the winter but we'll soon be getting out when the weather improves and I've fitted the dampers I have been waiting for for 6 weeks!

Duncan

nortonnut

Postby nortonnut » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:32 pm

OK. Hopefully I have attached:
A picture of my Robin Hood 2B.
A picture of my 2004 Triumph Thruxton.
A picture of my 1964 Norton 650SS.
The Norton has been sold to pay for the Hood.

The above should ensure that I "get out of jail free".
Cheers. Mick.
Attachments
PA200005.JPG
PB270006.JPG
P3010006.JPG

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Nice looking Seven, and I love the bikes :)
It must have been really hard letting the Norton go!

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Cool bikes, I agree bet it was hard let the norton go, but now you can have more fun in the mud :D
And great looking 7 far too clean :lol:
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”