hi all

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Kegco

Re: hi all

Postby Kegco » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:53 am

Welcome on board Steve,
All the best with your project. Keep the update and pictures coming, looking good so far
Kev
7oaks
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:39 am

Hello Steve and welcome to the club. That's a nice looking chassis.

As said elsewhere a build thread would be of interest to a lot of us.

Once again welcome

Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Welcome to SKCC, I look forward to seeing your car progress :)

Not sure it really is a kit car, more of a one off prototype! You might have to start selling kits later on when people see you driving it, because it looks great so far.

Duncan

Steve j

Postby Steve j » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 pm

b33fy wrote:Pretty similar solution to mine, below..

Radiators were marginal especially rear mounted facing towards the back. Looks like your engine is NA if the coolant system is routed the same as the turbo lump you need to make sure you get some coolant to the cold side of the thermostat. I guess you’re not running a heater so connect the two ends of the pipes together to complete the circuit and ensure some hot coolant gets to the cold side otherwise the thermostat won’t operate properly. Or remove water pump impeller and thermostat and run an electric water pump.

yes its a na quad cam engine. i was planning to join the 2 heater hoses together but have recently been thinking of blanking them off then remove the thermostate but keep the standard pump. will this be ok ?. im planning to fit the rad up front in the nose sloping back but as u can see there isnt much space. do u know what rad u used and the sizes of it as i would prefur to use one from another car than to have a custom one made. do u know anyone in kent that can do ecu work as i need the secondary air delete.
thanks

Steve j

Postby Steve j » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 pm

DJ. wrote:Welcome to SKCC, I look forward to seeing your car progress :)

Not sure it really is a kit car, more of a one off prototype! You might have to start selling kits later on when people see you driving it, because it looks great so far.

Duncan

thanks duncan

sorry im a bit new to forums. where on this site would be the best place to start a build thread

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:55 pm

I would put it
in General gassing/ Car related discussion,............... but I have been known to be wrong :lol:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 pm

Steve j wrote:
b33fy wrote:Pretty similar solution to mine, below..

Radiators were marginal especially rear mounted facing towards the back. Looks like your engine is NA if the coolant system is routed the same as the turbo lump you need to make sure you get some coolant to the cold side of the thermostat. I guess you’re not running a heater so connect the two ends of the pipes together to complete the circuit and ensure some hot coolant gets to the cold side otherwise the thermostat won’t operate properly. Or remove water pump impeller and thermostat and run an electric water pump.

yes its a na quad cam engine. i was planning to join the 2 heater hoses together but have recently been thinking of blanking them off then remove the thermostate but keep the standard pump. will this be ok ?. im planning to fit the rad up front in the nose sloping back but as u can see there isnt much space. do u know what rad u used and the sizes of it as i would prefur to use one from another car than to have a custom one made. do u know anyone in kent that can do ecu work as i need the secondary air delete.
thanks
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:24 am

Holy Moly!!! Thats amazing! Welcome aboard.

Tony T

Postby Tony T » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Alo mate :D welcome this is the place to be :D :D :D

Tony T

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:14 am

Welcome to the club
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”