Hello to all

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nickdavies

Hello to all

Postby Nickdavies » Sun May 26, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi everybody,
New to the whole kit car life and forum dealings hopefully don't go too wrong with either !
Had the car less than 24 hours and couldn't be happier!
Looking forward to attending some meet ups in the future once the car is tweaked to my styles.

The car is a 2002 Locost 'Denny Special Sports' running a 1600 xflow. I cannot find anything online about this car so any information about it or its history as told the original builder was quite well known apparently but I have no build info or anything about the car.

Many happy days and changes to come :D
Attachments
20190526_223528.jpg
IMG-20190525-WA0004.jpg

Weathers

Re: Hello to all

Postby Weathers » Sun May 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Welcome to the club.

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun May 26, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi Nick,
Your in the right place and welcome to SKCC

Kev
7oaks
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

locost220

Postby locost220 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:45 am

Hi welcome to the and hope you get the car sorted soon.
We are not the traditional club where we have a monthly meet at a pub carpark one evening (although there no reason to stop that if people want to), we tend to have one or two weekend drives organised by a few that others jump onto that is normally ending at one of a number of breakfast spots, as well as maybe the odd show or race event.
Cant say I know the maker's name but hope fully you find some in, assuming you know of the locost story itself. :D
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

steve m

Postby steve m » Mon May 27, 2019 8:39 am

Welcome from a fellow Locost builder, as is Richard, Locost220

I don't recognise your car, but it appears to look good,

Were abouts are you, as it doesn't say in your profile

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Nickdavies

Postby Nickdavies » Mon May 27, 2019 9:11 am

locost220 wrote:Hi welcome to the and hope you get the car sorted soon.
We are not the traditional club where we have a monthly meet at a pub carpark one evening (although there no reason to stop that if people want to), we tend to have one or two weekend drives organised by a few that others jump onto that is normally ending at one of a number of breakfast spots, as well as maybe the odd show or race event.
Cant say I know the maker's name but hope fully you find some in, assuming you know of the locost story itself. :D

Much rather the drive outs than car park meets as such have done enough of them when I was younger :lol: plus the breakfast spots sound like a great idea aha. I know rough bits on the story but always wanting to learn more

Nickdavies

Postby Nickdavies » Mon May 27, 2019 9:14 am

steve m wrote:Welcome from a fellow Locost builder, as is Richard, Locost220

I don't recognise your car, but it appears to look good,

Were abouts are you, as it doesn't say in your profile

steve

Thanks Steve
I live in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
About 20 miles from london

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon May 27, 2019 10:43 am

welcome onboard...sounds like an excuse for a western'ish run to hook up..

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 am

Hi Nick and welcome to the club. Car looks tidy in the photos. Always stuff lurking beneath to entertain.

Did you buy the car from the original builder? I see the v5 is named a Denny. So I’m assuming that was the original builder? Not heard of a company called Denny in the kitcar industry but that’s not important. I also see the MOT ran out in April so did it fail and guy selling or has it sat for a long time?

It’s almost better if it failed on something as prolonged storage can cause a world of pain.

Regardless of all of that these are exciting times and we’re here to keep you motivated, help, support and when you on the road drive with!

Welcome to SKCC
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Nickdavies

Postby Nickdavies » Mon May 27, 2019 10:58 am

Nash wrote:Hi Nick and welcome to the club. Car looks tidy in the photos. Always stuff lurking beneath to entertain.

Did you buy the car from the original builder? I see the v5 is named a Denny. So I’m assuming that was the original builder? Not heard of a company called Denny in the kitcar industry but that’s not important. I also see the MOT ran out in April so did it fail and guy selling or has it sat for a long time?

It’s almost better if it failed on something as prolonged storage can cause a world of pain.

Regardless of all of that these are exciting times and we’re here to keep you motivated, help, support and when you on the road drive with!

Welcome to SKCC

Thank you, no sadly I didn't buy it from the original builder. It didn't fail it just run out he had it stripped down tinkering and painting bits and had to sell this along with his main car to gain some funds for a van for work. I've got it booked in at my work tomorrow for an MOT and adjust the carb. Considering it hasn't been used in a long time after some tinkering from myself yesterday and some fresh fuel we went out and done 100 mile trip and didn't miss a beat. Smiling like a nutter the whole time :D

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”