Quantum Xtreme: New seats required

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Davemg

Quantum Xtreme: New seats required

Postby Davemg » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:07 pm

I have achieved, finally, getting my wife to agree to coming for a ride in my Xtreme on 3 conditions;

* more comfortable seats
* a seat belt, not a harness
* not going over 30mph.

Well, I'm aiming for 2 of those....

Anyone any thoughts on seats?

Crunchie Gears

Re: Quantum Xtreme: New seats required

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Head Office agrees that the Tillett seats with leather inserted cushion ( that might be hard to explain) are very comfortable for journeys down to southern France. To help her fit the seat I had a 3 inch cushion made so see can see out but also fit the seat better.

The boss thinks they really work and much better than the Morgan comfortable seats we had in the last car :D

From my point of view they are the dog's dangalies :D :D

ChrisS

Postby ChrisS » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Bought some JK Composites '7' seats recently for my Midlana build. With the 5 piece padding, amazingly comfortable and available in a range of sizes to suit different builds of passenger and car. Good value too I thought. Not Tillet standard, but significantly cheaper.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Another for JK seats, the cushion pads, despite being thin, do make a difference. swmbo doesn't seem to mind them, no complaints anyhow.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:05 pm

I think seats are a very personal choice, i had MK seats, they looked the same as my original Triton ones but must have been a tad different in the length of the seat/base as my legs were far more uncomfortable. Personally having passengered in a cple of our cars i found the biggest difference to comfort was having something to brace my feet against and not having a steering wheel to hang onto. As driver obvs you have the pedals and steering wheel as a bracce rather than just sitting hands in lap with feet flapping around.

andyf

Postby andyf » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:36 am

greenwoo wrote:I think seats are a very personal choice, i had MK seats, they looked the same as my original Triton ones but must have been a tad different in the length of the seat/base as my legs were far more uncomfortable. Personally having passengered in a cple of our cars i found the biggest difference to comfort was having something to brace my feet against and not having a steering wheel to hang onto. As driver obvs you have the pedals and steering wheel as a bracce rather than just sitting hands in lap with feet flapping around.

Yes a foot brace will really help.
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Return to “Car Related Discussion”